I get a great many PR pitches.
Most get deleted almost instantaneously, but this one caught my eye.
It was for a resort in St. George, Utah, called Red Mountain Resort, and while I'm pretty sure they practice some questionable woo with some of their treatments or recommendations (for instance they offer nonsensical "detoxification"), it still looks quite interesting.
Sports, hiking, fitness, fancy spa stuff, beautiful accommodations complemented by what appears to be luxurious, yet calorie reduced, dining, where all entrees and desserts are lower than 550 calories.
• Deconstructed Blueberry Cheesecake (266 calories) with blueberries and graham cracker crustSadly the PR pitch didn't come with any perks for me to enjoy were I to write about it, but it's an interesting sign of the times that this type of resort is able to thrive.
• Chocolate Fondue with Bananas, Strawberries, and Pineapple (223 calories)
• Jerk Seasoned Roasted Quail with goat cheese and agave pomegranate glaze served on a bed of wild rice pilaf (389 calories)
• Scallops and Orecchiette Pasta, with crimini mushrooms, diced tomatoes, poblano pepper, shallots, dark chili powder, white wine, lime juice & cilantro (341 calories)
• Southwestern Bison Medallions with sautéed onions and bell peppers served on red skin potatoes with chives (304 calories)
• Quinoa, Vegetables, & Feta Cheese with asparagus, red and yellow bell peppers, leeks and garbanzo beans (276 calories)
• Peach Upside Down Cake (192 calories) topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
• Prickly Pear BBQ Pork Loin topped with leek straws served on smoky cheddar cheese polenta wedge (382 calories)
Sure contrasts sharply with the average don't move and eat as much as humanly possible vacation that most of us tend towards.