We are looking for individuals who loves working with people & technology, are great at multi-tasking, are team players, thrive off of challenges and responsibility, and want to utilize their skills in making a dramatic, positive difference in people’s lives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with inter-professional team members.
- One-on-one counseling sessions to motivate and help patients live the healthiest they can.
- One-on-one counseling sessions with parents of children struggling with weight to help them navigate a healthy eating environment.
- One-on-one counseling sessions to help prepare patients for bariatric surgery as well as post-surgery sessions to help patients ensure that they succeed.
- Design individualized nutrition plans based on each individuals’ unique lifestyles, metabolic rates and dietary likes and dislikes.
- Write for BMI’s different social media outlets: Website, blog, and monthly newsletter.
- Exceptionally strong motivational counseling skills.
- Must have excellent listening skills, empathetic and sensitive to patient’s needs. We do not ever utilize negative reinforcement in our counseling.
- Able to adapt nutrition advice to recent scientific research with thoughtful critical appraisal.
- Must be innovative and give patients realistic and helpful nutrition advice.
- Positive and non-restrictive approach to weight management.
- Comfortable giving presentations.
- Possess sound professional judgment, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Good time management skills and ability to organize.
- Excellent computer skills, and comfort with social media
- Strong cooking skills.
- One year of clinical experience preferred (but if you're greener than that, but think you'd be a great fit, please apply)
- Member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario and in good standing.
- Having obtained a Master's degree is preferred, although not required.
- Previous experience working in weight management and childhood obesity is an asset.
- Working with us you will have access to a full gym facility as well as shower and change rooms. Physical activity and healthy living are the primary focus of our work and therefore we view your active lifestyle as a great asset.
If you're applying for a full-time position, know that medical and dental benefits are both parts of our package.
If you're applying for a part-time position, you will have a fixed number of hours, with future opportunities for full time employment.
Please send your interest and resumes to our firstname.lastname@example.org account. Previous applicants welcome.
We look forward to meeting with you!